There may come a time in your life where you ask yourself who you are and how you got here, now. Perhaps you were a carefree traveler early in your 20s, or maybe an idealist who had plans for the future as a teenager that seem to have fallen by the wayside. Perhaps you have lost everything and wonder how it went all so pear shaped in the end. Whatever it is that has you stuck feeling low down, you can try these practices for putting some more spark back into your life and finding the joy again.
Know Your Roots
Certain emotions are often labeled as negative and go unaddressed. Perhaps it is mental illness, depression, anxiety, fears, or other worries that took over your life as you grew older. While you are growing up, you realize you are only good enough if you don’t feel negative emotions. Those emotions are unpleasantly necessary parts of becoming a more complex being. When you develop a need to be perfect or not feel, then you can fall into many traps, including addiction and mental health issues. Your success in life can give you more confidence but so can knowing the roots of who you are and how you got here. When you know your roots, you begin to understand how life needs to work in order to operate at an optimal level and start finding that spark you lost so long ago. Here are some tips to get started:
- Yoga. The principles of yoga can teach you so much about the body and mind. Without movement, emotions can get stuck in the body and block your innate energy. Emotions from life are stored in the body’s memory, meaning experiences as a child affect you now. Learning different poses can help you release emotions you are feeling. This can help heal struggles in life so you can free energy to live your best life.
- Guided meditation. When you meditate, it is difficult to get yourself to sit down initially and get motivated. Over time, you will find that you can sit for longer and longer amounts of time to bring yourself some peace.
- Journaling. Writing down your thoughts is important in order to release them from the mind. If you do this each day, you’ll free emotions that are stuck and get yourself moving forward. Journaling can help you discover some thoughts and emotions
- Connecting with others. A big part of the reason unhappiness occurs is that you are not open to sharing struggles. When you let go of the fear of vulnerability, you begin to know the real you and feel less alone and isolated.
- Find creativity and pleasure. As a child you likely had some creative fun that you enjoyed. To find that spark again, revinest yourself in something creative you enjoy. Even if you aren’t going to be stellar at it, don’t worry. Try it, have fun, and give lots of options to try before you decide you like or don’t like something. The point is not to get good at it, it is to find something you enjoy, even if it is only one time.
Sound Recovery helps you find the spark again. If you are struggling to find your spark in life, there are ways to get it back. Our goal is to provide you with the opportunities, resources, and information to help you get back to your creative, joyful self again. Call us at 561-277-3088 to get started.